How to tell if your fish is pregnant goldfish To tell if a goldfish is pregnant, see if its belly looks larger than usual, which is a sign that it’s about to spawn. If your goldfish is moving slowly or hiding near shelters or plants.
How To Tell If Your Fish Is Pregnant Goldfish
5 Ways to Tell if Your Goldfish May be Pregnant.
- 1. Chubby stomach. Round, chubby bellies on goldfish are sometimes spotted either at the fish store or in your own tank. Female goldfish may get a
- 2. Eggs coming out when picked up.
- 3. Being chased by other goldfish.
- 4. Lopsided belly when viewed from above.
- 5. Male goldfish with breeding tubercles.
How Long Do Goldfish Stay Pregnant How Can You Tell?
How long do goldfish stay pregnant? Goldfish are not technically pregnant; they are egg layers. However, the female can rapidly produce eggs and can be ready to spawn once a month. Do goldfish eat their babies? Yes, goldfish can eat the eggs or newly hatched fry. The best way to avoid this is to set up a separate tank for hatching the eggs.