How To Keep Your Goldfish Alive
Keeping Your Goldfish Alive
- Get It A Tank. For the best health, your goldfish will need not a bowl, but a tank.
- Don’t Use Chlorinated Water. Chlorine found in tap water can kill a goldfish in less than a day.
- Don’t Overfeed It. Excess food will rot in the tank (or bowl) and contaminate the water your goldfish is living in.
- Buy An Air Pump. Goldfish: Image by Protographer23, Flickr An air pump or an aerator will oxygenate the water so your goldfish can breathe.
- Clean Frequently. Not only can fish food rot in the tank, but goldfish poop rather frequently. This can contaminate the water, and contaminated water can kill a goldfish fast.
- Keep It Entertained. Fill the bottom of the tank or fish bowl with pebbles and include a mirror or toys to keep your goldfish entertained.
What Do You Need To Do To Keep A Goldfish Alive?
Use a filtration system. A filter is a vital piece of equipment to help keep your goldfish alive. The filter you’ll need depends on the size of your tank, as filters operate according to a flow rate which will correspond with the amount of water your tank holds.
Do Goldfish Good Pets To Keep?
Weekly partial water changes of 10-25% of the tank water are recommended in conjunction with a gravel clean to remove waste and to help keep goldfish healthy. Is goldfish easy to take care? Goldfish make great pets, and are often heralded as a wonderful beginner pet.