How to grow goldfish in aquarium While you can certainly start a juvenile goldfish out in a 10-gallon tank, they will outgrow it within months, and being cramped can limit their adult.
How To Grow Goldfish In Aquarium
- Select a 20 gallon (76 L) tank for 1 to 3 goldfish.
- Place your planted aquarium away from direct sunlight and air drafts. Always make sure it is never close to anywhere it will receive direct sunlight.
- Create a substrate of gravel 2.5 inches (6.4 cm) deep.
- Install LED or full-spectrum fluorescent lights in your aquarium. Purchase overhead LED lights from your local pet store.
- Purchase a water diffuser to keep your aquarium’s oxygen circulating.
- Install a power or under-gravel filter. For first-time tank owners, purchase a power filter and hang it from the back of the tank—this is the easiest installation process.