How can you tell when goldfish are pregnant To tell if a goldfish is pregnant, see if its belly looks larger than usual, which is a sign that it’s about to spawn. If your goldfish is moving slowly or hiding near shelters or.
How Can You Tell When Goldfish Are Pregnant
- Chased by other goldfish. The first sign you’ll probably notice of a pregnant goldfish is her being chased by other goldfish.
- Swollen belly. What does a pregnant goldfish look like? It has a swollen belly. You’ll probably not be surprised at this because it’s the same phenomenon for most animals.
- Breeding tubercles on male fish. Another pregnant goldfish sign is finding male goldfish with breeding tubercles.
- Egg coming out. If you picked up your goldfish and you found a load of eggs streaming out, you have a sure sign that your fish is “pregnant”.
- Lopsided belly. Lastly, a lopsided belly may be a result of goldfish pregnancy. The lopsidedness is usually the eggs filling one side of the fish’s body more than the other.
How Long Do Goldfish Stay Pregnant How Can You Tell?
How long do goldfish stay pregnant? Goldfish are not technically pregnant; they are egg layers. However, the female can rapidly produce eggs and can be ready to spawn once a month. Do goldfish eat their babies? Yes, goldfish can eat the eggs or newly hatched fry. The best way to avoid this is to set up a separate tank for hatching the eggs.